The small business was funded in part by venture capitalist Peter Rogers and his Dry Creek Ventures, which targets clean energy, water and food businesses.
Such small local food outfits, especially those that are gentle on the environment, are key to the long-term health of the economy but need formal access to local investors to succeed, says social venture-capitalist and entrepreneur Woody Tasch.
Shifting capital to organic farmers, independent food entrepreneurs, farmers markets and restaurateurs will pay off in stronger local economies, a healthier environment and improved supplies of affordable, healthful food, Tasch said.
He founded Slow Money Alliance last year to spearhead the creation of regional networks of local investors that want to put their money into local enterprises.
"We've had the life sucked out of our society and economy by financial markets run amok and globalism run to extremes," Tasch said. Slow Money is "part of a network emerging of people who want to repair the damage."
- Recording a title tag that is not relevant to the information present on the webpage.
- Recording the same title tag across all the pages of the website.
- Recording long title tags.
- Writing a meta description that is not relevant to the information presented on the webpage.
- Recording the same meta description across all the web pages of the website.
- Recording the meta description with only keywords.
- Recording long URLs
- Recording the same URL across all the web pages.
- Recording deep nested subdirectories
- Recording irrelevant directory names.
- Creating complex websites that are difficult to navigate.
- Creating drop-down menus.
- Developing a HTML sitemap in which the pages are not organized.
- Indexing the 404 page in the search engine.
- Using images that serve as textual content.
- Using long sentences.
- Incorrect grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Duplicate content on the web pages of your website.
- Stuffing keywords unnecessarily.
- Using general anchor texts.
- Using anchor text that is not related to the content of the webpage or is off topic.
- Using long sentences.
- Creating unnecessary links.
Heading tags are used to represent the heading of the content of the webpage. Heading tags range in 6 sizes – h1, h2, h3, h4, h5 and h6. These tags should only be used at the appropriate places. One must avoid the following:
- Using one heading tag for the entire content of the webpage.
- Using too many heading tags throughout the content of the webpage.
Images can’t be read by a spider when they crawl on the website. Therefore, it is important to use alt tags for the images. It is best suggested to use the primary keyword as the alt tag following the contents that describe the page. One must avoid the following:
- Using long filenames.
- Stuffing excess of keywords in the alt tags.
- Search result pages to be crawled.
You can promote your website using offline promotion, online promotion, social media sites, AdWords optimization, Google’s Local Business Center, forming groups, forums etc.