Here's a list of things I'm planning on doing myself. Here's a question, how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. People may mock me, but I don't really care. I apologize to any of my family and friends where I've made you feel uncomfortable or if I've made it more difficult to maintain a relationship. This is not panic, but there is a sense of urgency around doing this, so I'm praying for a miracle but planning for disaster.
"Our current economic path is unsustainable" has been said by an incredible list of everyone on the left and the right, and the warning has been unanimous...they are all warning of total economic collapse. The warning I'm giving you now is not my words, but their words. They aren't giving you solutions, so I'm going to share my plans. You may not like what I've got to say and a lot of people won't do it because they don't want to think about it. I've written before about situational blindness and the normalcy bias, so if you've read anything I've written I hope you're at least willing to consider the possibility that you can't get hurt by having a plan.
When Al Gore says, "the debate is over, it is unanimous...there is severe danger ahead" I tend to agree with him - I know, hard to believe, huh?
Raaammmmiiiinnnggggg ssssppppeeeeedddddd!!!!!! Brace for impact my friends. There's no fairy with magic pixy dust or a magic wand who is magically going to solve this...there is no government solution coming, there's no way that politicians or bureaucrats are going to be able to create solutions faster than the rate at which our society is decaying and the rate at which evil is accelerating its agenda.
Once the proverbial crap hits the fan, you are going to have a maximum of 72 hours to be at your "survive in place" location after that crisis...is that enough time for you to adequately prepare. Obviously not, so better get cracking. Why 72 hours? Because that's how long it's going to take before the looters realize the police aren't coming and you're fair game.
Reuters identifies Soros as the instigator behind Occupy Wall Street...is that any surprise at this point? If you read history...revolutions, especially those of socialist/communist/marxist origination ALWAYS end in violence.
Illinois Rep Jesse Jackson, did you see this story yesterday? http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/12/jackson-obama-should-declare-a-national-emergency-add-jobs-with-extra-constitutional-action/ calling on Obama to call a special emergency and to exercise "extraordinary" means of administrative controls because "congress is in rebellion" and encourages Obama in continuing to find ways to advance the cause of the American people.
Am I in a parallel universe where I'm the only one that sees this as a major red flag?
It was Israel who broke the news to us about the Iranian Terror attempt, not the U.S. intelligence community.
Center for American Progress just 'happpened' to be the location from where, Hillary Clinton, speaking about the Iran situation announced her verbal tongue lashing against this terrorist nation, really?
What about the massive Blackberry outage? It started in Europe, went through Canada and then the U.S. Three days of a major outage where there is supposedly triple redundancy in the system?
What is critically important is that you are responsible for discovering the truth because it is not being told to you. Our Republic is under direct attack. So...here are the steps - directly taken from Glenn Beck:
1. Gold, Food, Cig, Liquor, Sugar, Guns, Ammo, Seeds
2. Skills, Barter, Alliances
3. 30 Days Cash on Hand (if banking system goes down, you're out of luck, no ATMS working - think about Katrina)
4. Knowledge (is money, is power) build, fix, design, real value in education
5. Buy a House with Farmland (true water source)
LOCATION - No Place Untouched
Texas, Mountains, God
If cannot Move - Alliances (create a network of those you know who can help)
6. Stop ALL excess spending
7. Choose Quality Durability/Fixable over fad and fashion
8. Measure 2x, Cut Once, do not waste anything
9. Fuel efficient, not to save the planet, but if we go to war in the Middle East - gas could go to $10 per gallon
10. Truck-SUV (pre 1979) take it off road, get around obstacles, durable, and something which has parts you can repair not relying on electronics that you can fix yourself.
1. Preserve truth
2. Shed Commercial
ELECTRONICS: (assume e-bomb, electronic crash)
1. Paper Documents - Take W/(Deeds, Notes, Contracts, Bank Statements)
2. Reduce/Remove/Simplify (do not become completely dependent)
2. Discuss Value of the School/What Can You Earn? Is it worth it?
3. No Labels (Yale, Harvard) what do you get at the end of it?
4. Other Options (online)
5. Faith Education
6. College is NOT a given, not even a requirement in a sane society, trade schools are fine
7. Demand Merit from the school or GET OUT! if they're not teaching and doing the job you're paying them
8. Always read, educate yourself
9. Hard copy of classic books
10. Learn old and lost practices like mending, canning, farming
12. Learn to fix an engine
13. Relearn and teach your children how to read a map
14. Stay up on True News
15. Know other side - if you don't know the arguments, if you can't state the other sides opinion, you can't argue against it.
1. Do your best, what's stopping you from being better?
2. Be irreplacable, be the one that they can't cut in downsizing
3. Be the product or service no one can cancel
4. Learn from Depression
- advertise (chevy) 10-1 Ford outspent before the depression,
- downsize to help
5. George Bailey
6. Honesty, Integrity, Charity
7. Spit yourself out of the system, innovate - highest spike of innovation in the 20th century came out of the Depression, the mother of invention
8. Put Your Money where your Heart is. don't put money with people who don't share your values.
9. Do Business in symbiotic ways, we're all going to be in trouble and we're going to have to work together. If I help you...you'll help me.
10. Do Not try to put others out of business
12. Never be the smartest in the room
13. Take care of employees
14. give more/take less
15. Read Franklin/Washington, find the people who are remarkable to you
1. Do not plan & move
Plan - Pray - Obey
2. Practice Franklins Religion, i don't care what your faith is, we have to stop trying to baptize each other - we have to be more interested in loving each other than saving each other. I want to be at a church who loves me for who I am, I want to be around people who respect me, honor me and love me for who I am.
3. Honor All obligations, be honorable
4. Draw your children close
5. Teach/Live Values
6. Do with Less Now
7. Serve and Share
8. Link up with 9/12 - phone, map
9. Have a meeting place, don't gather where others say to gather
10. Read Bible daily
11. Have a Gun, know how to shoot it
12. Resolve Inner Conflicts
13. Stop all Behavior that doesn't expand me into a better person
14. Make amends/find peace - get to work
15. Teach your children work ethic (I'm so proud of my kids, they GET IT!!!)
16. Tolerate nothing that you feel is wrong by remaining silent, you don't have to make a scene or fight, just leave IMMEDIATELY - vote with your feet, GET OUT
17. Never feed anger - righteous anger is all well and good, but we are rarely capable of that, we have to avoid giving in to anger...be more interested in loving than in being right.
It's never the first look that is the problem, it is the second look that leads to trouble
For my kids...BE happy and optimistic...life goes on, make plans for the future, get married and have children, raise your family...but always have a backup/disaster readiness plan, then you'll never be at someone else's mercy.
Not sure why...but the last thing Glenn said was to...